Thinking of seeing the new Entourage movie? Maybe you should wait until it comes on HBO, or maybe wait until a friends buys it. There’s not much to spoil here because if you’ve watched the show then you will probably know everything that’s going to happen, consciously or subconsciously.
There are good things and bad things about this movie. Here’s my take on the top 3 of each: POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD!
- The charm of the show is still there. The characters are just like you remember, though the chemistry has definitely gone down some among the cast. I’d say that you’ll have as much fun watching this movie as you did watching the show.
- The cameos are pretty cool as well. Ronda Rousey is also a boss, and somehow she’s probably my favorite character in the movie (almost called it a show because it feels so much like the show did at times).
- The story kind of makes sense as the next chapter in what would happen in these character’s lives, but only in some aspects.
- The movie spends the first few minutes undoing everything great about the series finale that aired on HBO.
- The movie probably suffers from some of the cameos, mainly because sports stars are not actors and it’s not as cool as it was in the show. The cameos took me out of the movie several times and really took focus away from the story.
- There is not much to enjoy with character development, but that’s because we had 8 seasons worth of development when the series was in it’s run. The movie does do a good job of allowing people to enter this world by just seeing the movie, but really pays off for people who watched the show.
- When is this actually taking place? It seems that it’s taking place around 9 months after the show ended, but only maybe. It seems this way because when the show ended we found out that Sloan and Eric were going to have a baby and when the movie starts Sloan is about to have the baby. This is odd considering all of the modern cars and modern stars that are in the movie. But if you’re a fan of Entourage (like me) then you probably don’t care about the continuity of the timeline and just want to have fun watching the movie.